If you’re planning to sell your home, it’s probably crossed your mind to try to sell it yourself and save the sales commission. But, there are some very good reasons why that would be a mistake.
Homes listed by real estate professionals get more exposure and their sellers get more support.
Real Estate Professionals Offer Many Advantages:
- They’re trained and licensed professionals.
- They have experience in your neighborhood and your market.
- They have oversight from brokers and state licensing officials.
- Their job is to advise you on the best way to reach your goals.
- Their continuing education keeps them up-to-date on housing issues.
- They know how to present your home and deal with buyers.
- They know how and where to market properties.
- They know how to overcome typical snags that occur in all real estate transactions and closings.
- They understand state-required disclosures and look out for your best interests.
- They understand personal safety and security for your belongings during showings.
- They know the best resources to make transactions go more smoothly, from bankers to home-stagers to contractors.
- They have the most accurate data sources – the MLS, the only data repository that has the most up-to-date listing and sales information.
- They know how to negotiate.
- Their job is making real estate transactions successful.
- When you market your own home, you have to make the time to do all the jobs a real estate professional would do, and you’ll be competing against other sellers who have real estate professionals by their sides.